- WHAT ACHNIL IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
ACHNIL contains active ingredient Aceclofenac .
ACECLOFENAC: A non steroidal anti-inflammatory Drug Aceclofenac has higher anti-inflammatory action than conventional NSAIDs. It is a cytokine inhibitor. Aceclofenac works by blocking the action of a substance in the body called cyclo-oxygenase. Cyclo-oxygenase is involved in the production of prostaglandins (chemicals in the body) which cause pain, swelling and inflammation.
Take special care with ACHNIL if: ACHNIL is contraindicated in the following situations:
- Patients sensitive to Aceclofenac
- Patients in whom aspirin or other NSAIDs, precipitate attacks of bronchospasm, acute rhinitis or urticaria or patients hypersensitive to these drugs
- Patients with active or suspected peptic ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding or bleeding disorders
- Patients with severe heart failure, hypertension, hepatic or renal insufficiency
- Third trimester of pregnancy